Ah, Cupid grant that I may never see (Thomas Bateson)
- Editor: Brian Russell (submitted 2014-05-07). Score information: Letter, 7 pages, 75 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes:
- Editor: James Gibb (submitted 2011-07-10). Score information: A4, 6 pages, 69 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Includes a keyboard reduction of the a cappella choral score. MusicXML source file is in compressed .mxl format.
- Editor: Vince M. Brennan (submitted 2005-11-15). Score information: Letter, 13 pages, 68 kB Copyright: Personal
- Edition notes: Copyright (c) 2004 by V. M. Brennan
Title: Ah, Cupid grant that I may never see
Composer: Thomas Bateson
Description: No. 29 from The Second Set of English Madrigals to 3, 4, 5, and 6 voices (Thomas Bateson).
Original text and translations
Ah, Cupid grant that I may never see
her through mine ear that thus hath wounded me,
if through mine eyes another wound she give,
Cupid, alas, then I no longer live,
but die, poor wretch, shot through and through the liver,
with those sharp arrows she stole from thy quiver.