Born: 1715 Died: 19 April 1797
Christened: 21 February 1716, Clapham, Yorkshire, England.
A member of the Inghamites (a sect in northern Lancashire and Yorkshire), Batty helped James Allen produce the 1757 Kendal Hymn Book, to which he contributed 31 hymns.
View the Wikipedia article on Christopher Batty.
Musical settings of literary works
- Captain of thine enlisted host (Benjamin Milgrove)
- How shall I speak my Saviour's worth (Benjamin Milgrove)
- O Jesus, everlasting God (Benjamin Milgrove)
- Rise up, my spouse, thy bridegroom waits (Benjamin Milgrove)
- Rise up, my spouse, thy bridegroom waits (Thomas Clark)