Hymn on the Divine Use of Music (Nicholas Brady)
- Editor: Barry Johnston (submitted 2018-10-20). Score information: Letter, 1 page, 64 kB Copyright: Public Domain
- Edition notes: Oval note edition, as published in 1703. All seven stanzas included, as in 1703. MusicXML source file is in compressed .mxl format.
- Editor: Barry Johnston (submitted 2018-10-20). Score information: Unknown, 1 page, 40 kB Copyright: Public Domain
- Edition notes: Note shapes added (4-shape). All seven stanzas given, as in 1703. MusicXML source file is in compressed .mxl format.
Published: 1703 in Supplement to the New Version, p. 62
Description: For three voices: Treble-Tenor-Bass. Words by John Playford, 1677. Seven stanzas given in Brady and Tate.
Original text and translations
1. We sing to thee whose wisdom formed
3. Thy praises, dearest Lord, aloud
5. We'll hallow pleasure, and redeem
7. And that we may be sure above,