I was glad when they said unto me (Charles Hubert Hastings Parry)
- Editor: James Gibb (submitted 2013-05-05). Score information: A4, 11 pages, 123 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Includes a organ version of the original orchestral accompaniment. MusicXML source file is in compressed .mxl format.
- Editor: Stuart McIntosh (submitted 2002-07-02). Score information: A4, 12 pages, 252 kB Copyright: Personal
- Edition notes: Includes a organ version of the original orchestral accompaniment.
Title: I Was Glad When They Said Unto Me
Composer: Charles Hubert Hastings Parry
Source of text: Psalm 122 vv. 1-3, 6, 7, plus: "Vivat Regina Elizabetha!" ("Long live Queen Elizabeth") in between verses 3 and 6.
Description: According to Jeremy Dibble, "Parry's Coronation Anthem is universally recognized as a masterpiece of ceremonial music." (see C. Hubert H. Parry: His Life and Music by Jeremy Dibble - Clarendon Press, Oxford, 1992)
- 1969 YouTube performance, without Vivats (Guildford Cathedral Choir) - Barry Rose
- The Choir of King's College, Cambridge, sings I was glad on YouTube
- The Choir of Somerville College, Oxford, sings I was glad
Original text and translations
Original text and translations may be found at Psalm 122.