Skye Boat Song (Philip Le Bas)
- Editor: Philip Le Bas (submitted 2017-02-13). Score information: A4, 5 pages, 85 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes:
Title: Skye Boat Song
Composer: Philip Le Bas
First published: 2017
Description: A new setting of the traditional folk song for TTBB choir by Philip Le Bas
Original text and translations
Original text and translations may be found at Skye boat song. Chorus: Speed, bonnie boat, like a bird on the wing, Onward! the sailors cry; Carry the lad that's born to be King Over the sea to Skye.
1. Loud the winds howl, loud the waves roar, Thunderclaps rend the air; Baffled, our foes stand by the shore, Follow they will not dare.
2. Though the waves leap, soft shall ye sleep, Ocean's a royal bed. Rocked in the deep, Flora will keep Watch by your weary head.
3. Many's the lad fought on that day, Well the claymore could wield, When the night came, silently lay Dead on Culloden's field.
4. Burned are their homes, exile and death Scatter the loyal men; Yet ere the sword cool in the sheath Charlie will come again. }}