I am an administrator of this site and Chair of the Board of Directors. If you have a problem or question, feel free to drop me a line on my talk page. If I don't know the answer, I'll do my best to find out or I'll be able to point you in the direction of someone who can help. Aside from my talk page, you can send me an email: robert.nottingham cpdl.org or send a private message on the forums (username: bobnotts), but a message on my talk page is preferred. If you email me, please include "CPDL" somewhere in the subject line to prevent your message being caught by the spam filter.
What do I do here? I'm just the caretaker.
Contributor since: 2004-04-23
Number of editions on CPDL: 35 (automatically updated list)
My "editing" work for CPDL is entirely typesetting; I am not a professional editor of music, but rather I make occasional comments on my editions to the end that performances may be enhanced without detracting from the composer's published intentions. I aim for my editions to be of the highest possible quality in terms of being technically correct (right pitch and rhythm of notes, etc.) and to be as clear as possible for performers. If you have noticed any mistakes, please contact me on the above address and I will endeavour to correct them.
I am currently working on the following:
- Serenade (Edward Elgar)
- Remainder of Stanford's complete service in G, Op. 81
- Magnificat and Nunc Dimittis in A (Charles Villiers Stanford)
We all continue to learn every day but here are the details of some of my formal education to date:
- MA Law with commendation, University of Sheffield, UK
- BA English 2:1, University of Leicester, UK, 2008
- ABRSM Grade 8 Singing with distinction, 2005
- ABRSM Grade 5 Theory with distinction, 2003
- RSCM St. Nicholas award
- A level music, grade A, 2005
I live and work in Sheffield, UK.
I became involved in CPDL in 2004 by contributing some editions of works from the Anglican choral repertoire. Since then, I was made an administrator of the wiki and the forums in November 2007. In August 2008, Rafael Ornes formally stood down as manager of CPDL and I joined the transition committee which had the ultimate goal of forming CPDL into a corporation. This was achieved in July 2010 and I was elected Chain of the Board of Directors. I try to contribute as many new editions as possible but the bulk of my work on CPDL is helping new contributors by adding their editions to the site and checking for mistakes on pages. The amount of time I have for CPDL has been curtailed since gaining full time employment in 2010!
As a keen amateur bass, I have sung with many choirs in the past and also enjoy the occasional opportunity to perform as a soloist. I currently sing with:
- The Parish and Chamber Choirs of St John's Church, Ranmoor, Sheffield (1997-present)
- Rivelin Singers (2008-present)
- Albion, singing the music of "these isles" (2012-present)
- Sheffield Chamber Choir (2010-2015)
- Royal School of Church Music Millennium Youth Choir (2007-2010)
- Leicestershire Chorale with a choral scholarship (2006-2008)
- Leicester Cathedral Choir with a choral scholarship (2005-2008)
- Coro Nostro (2005-2008)
- Worksop College Chapel & Chamber Choirs (2000-2005)
- RSCM Northern Cathedral Singers (1998-2000)
Reminders for me...
- Index editions at The Web Library of Seventeenth-Century Music
- Sort out User:Cátia Mendes editions
- Check "blowthyhorn.com" Special:WhatLinksHere/User:Aaron_Elkiss
- 2 Marianische Offertorien (Karl Kempter)
- Adoramus te, op. 66/6 (Oreste Ravanello)
- Complete ChoralWiki:Manual of Style
- User:Gordon J. Callon score pages
- Re-categorise pages in Category:S, Category:A, Category:T and Category:B which should not be there.
- Fix Elijah page
- Fix Messiah pages
- re-categorise many pages in Category:Instrumental music which should not be there
- User:Christopher_R._Baker - copyright notices
- Add Clementine Vulgate text to remaining Psalm pages and add to Category:Text pages
Composers out of copyright in...
- Edward Bairstow - 2017
- Percy Buck (Wikipedia) - 2017 (Psalm 65 Anglican Chant)
- Sydney Nicholson - 2018 (We sing the praise of him who died, t. Bow Brickhill)
- Basil Harwood - 2020
- Herbert Murrill - 2023
- Albert Edward Baker - 2031 (Whence is that goodly fragrance)
- Ave Maria
- Help:What scores are welcome for submission at CPDL?
- User Interaction Portal
- Composer cleanup
- Editing FAQs
- CPDL Standards
- Reorganisation of the Help system - contents
- New design of score page
- DPL test